~ June Offering ~

 Welcome to June ~
the month that marks Summer's beginning...

and is a favorite month for me, 
... it is my mom's birth month

I have one little offering this month ~
"Mary Black's Wild Strawberry Sewing Pocket & Strawberries"
* SOLD *

Tucked inside, 
are three handmade wild strawberries.
all of them made with the same cotton cloth and wool, 
~ but each one is hand done so they do differ a bit. 
these are stuffed with clean lambswool and have black satin ribbon on their tops.
each one measures approx. 3-1/2" long


I've simply freehand stitched onto cupboard cloth {osnaburg} using cotton threads...
a sweet little garden witch taking care of her wild strawberry plants ~ wonder if she'll make tarts?
beautiful rich thread colors in black, brown and greens ~ and of course red for the berries!

the date '1746', the word 'June', and 'Mary Black her Work' are also included
 along with the little lady herself with basket in hand ~ I also added a small pair of scissors,
and a ladderback chair for her in case she needs to rest a spell...

pocket measures approx. 5-1/2" x 5-1/2"


there is a black satin ribbon hanger held on with an old button ~ 
in case you wanted to hang it from a cupboard doorknob or peg.

I lined the inside of the sewing pocket with the same cloth as the berries ~
and hand stitched along the top edge with pearl cotton.
... the pocket itself was stitched by me on my trusty old Pfaff model #31 
ca. 1900's treadle sewing machine.

then I stitched on my little label to the back, 
~ to help remind you where it came from.

old army blanket wool was used for the strawberry tops too!

I hope you enjoy my Sweet offering for the month of June!

"Mary Black's Wild Strawberry Sewing Pocket & Strawberries"
kindly asking ~
*SOLD* Thanks Everyone!!!!
$118.00 w/ free Shipping
*ships to USA only please*
email me at Notforgottenfarmwitch@gmail.com to purchase

Blessed be,
Lori from Notforgotten Farm